The European Commission has agreed funding of up to £623million for the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.
The six EU priorities for rural development:
• knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas, which is described as a cross-cutting or horizontal priority
• farm competitiveness and risk management
• food chain organisation
• restoring and enhancing ecosystems
• promoting resource efficiency
• social inclusion, poverty reduction and rural economic development
From this fund Ards and North Down Borough Council has received an allocation of £3.85million for delivery of Priority 6 schemes in the local area.
The delivery of LEADER elements of the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 will be led by Ards and North Down Rural Partnership as the agreed Local Action Group for the area.